Dealer vs. Product

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soonernation, Nov 11, 2004.

1. soonernation

soonernation LawnSite Member
    from Okc OK

I really really want an exmark walk behind. But my favorite dealer only sells Toro, Dixie Chopper, and Encore mowers. He tried really hard to convince me today that the toro was just as good or better. And something about the exmark being too difficult to lift over curbs. The only exmark dealer in town is 15 miles from where I live and from what I understand, the old man that owns it may be shutting the doors to retire. I guess what Im trying to ask is, is the exmark so much better than a toro that I have to hassle with going to a dealer I don't know or trust, just to get the mower I want? Would you choose the product or the dealer you like best? Gotta mow!!! See Ya!!!

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Which model are we talking about?

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If the Exmark dealer is closing the doors then get the Toro from the dealer you like. The Toro's are just as good as the Exmark. They are probibly better in certain situations because of the Turbo Force deck with the adjustable front baffle.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i would go with the exmark . my 32 and 52" i have had for 4 yrs NOT ONE TIME did i need to take it to the delaer to get fixed nor did something break.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Do a search :cry: :cry: :cry:

John

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would probably go with the product first, dealer second. Because like you mentioned above the dealer might not always been there for service for that particular product or at all. At least with the product you know that for the most part it will be a constant product if good.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Do a search :cry:

John

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LMAO :) Too funny

9. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Apparently John would like you to do a search!!!! :angry:

In any case, if I really wanted the Exmark I would by it. Talk to the Exmark dealer and find out what his future plans are. He may or may not share them with you!

Maybe the Toro dealer will take over sales of Exmark in your area anyways, if the dealer packs it in!

:cool2:

10. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think it all depends on you. If your the kind of guy that likes that personal relationship with your dealer go with the toro. I personaly hate dealing with dealers that don't treat me right. But if product is your biggest concern go with the exmark. Good Luck