Dealer wants loaner back

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bob, Aug 8, 2004.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My 02' Duramax suffered the from the injector seal problem on July 13th. It sat until I took it to the dealer, on July 19th. The new injectors are hard to get. I borrowed 2 trucks for the next 2 weeks , to cut lawns. I finally got the dealer to rent me a truck on July 26th. The rental truck is costing the dealer $60 a day ,and 25 cents a mile. The dealer called me up and wants to put a new set of the old style injectors in, because the rental is costing them a lot of money. They said that when the new re-designed injectors arrive, then they would replace the injectors again. I told them that this would talk to my GM rep. at the GM plant were a work my daytime job on monday.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

aug 18, and you get a brand new truck at least in ohio if a dealer has any new vehical over 30 days in a yrs time you have a choice of $$$ back and I mean all of it or a new vehical its the ohio lemon law. The federal law that affect the purchase of a vehical is called the mageneson moss act which act as a sort of back up to each states lemon law so an attorney can get them on federal laws if state laws fail. Went through it a couple yrs ago and its a piece of cake

Mac

3. Paul Corsetti

Paul Corsetti LawnSite Member

buy ford products

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

CHEVROLET= Crank Hard Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time
    FORD= First On Race Day

5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Or, you can go for the special edition, FORD TBU.

First On Race Day To Blow Up. :D

6. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

what about all of the injector and turbo problems Ford has been having with their new 6.0 PSD? I have heard plenty of accounts of injectors failing and filling the crankcase with huge amounts of diesel fuel, which leads to engines being damaged or destroyed. Any Ford guys care to elaborate on this? :rolleyes:

7. married2dalawnman

married2dalawnman LawnSite Member
    from VA

And we cant leave out the popular
    F - Fix
    O - Or
    R - Repair
    D - Daily
    ok i had to put that in, any one have one for GMC?

8. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's funny how a thread with a legitimate question or problem often deteriorates into a useless Ford vs. Chevy (or Dodge) debate. Maybe these adolescents will grow up someday. Anyway, I think olderthandirt is on to something with that 30 day thing. I think the real reason that they want you to drive the truck with the old injectors is to keep your truck from being in their shop for that 30 days. I'd tell them to stick it, they can keep the truck until it's fixed.

9. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

Dodge isnt even in the running w/ GM and FORD :p

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Buy a Ford? Its hard to turn down that fat GM discount! By the way, the rental truck is an 04' Ford turbo diesel. Its pretty nice!