Dealers and parts inventory?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Shady Brook, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Does Hustler require dealers to maintain a certain inventory of parts? I ask because I am considering a Super Z, but the dealer has several other product lines, and I fear they may not maintain many parts. Not that it would ever break down. :)

Thanks
    Jay

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Our distributors work very closely to help dealers maintain a adequate amount of parts, they tailor this to the models and amount of units they are selling.
    The distributor in your state that supplies Indiana dealers is located in Indianapolis, and has a very very large stock of parts to support there dealers.
    Several of our largest dealers are located in your great state !
    What dealer are you working with ?

Pj

3. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Thanks PJ

I will be dealing with Riggs in Valpo. Chesters used to be the dealer but Riggs bought them out I guess. My concern was that Riggs seems to have many different lines. I just fear they will not be able to carry an adaquate inventory for all their prodcut lines. Hustler and Kubota are their newest, which makes me think they will sell less of them, and stock less parts, at least for a while. I could be totally wrong.

Any other info or suggestions you might have would be great.

Thanks again
    Jay

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Riggs did not buy out Chester.
    Riggs is one of our newer dealers and one of the larger up and coming dealers in the state.
    They are doing a great job !
    I do not feel you could make a bad choice working with them.

Pj

5. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Thanks PJ, that is reasureing.

Will they have the new gas caps on their machines? Will I have to be concerned with the grass scorching issue with a 27 Kohler Super Z?

Thanks again
    Jay

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The new gas caps will be on any unit you buy.
    The shields we are testing on the Super Z's are still in testing and are not on new units as of right now.

Pj