dealers wife

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lynn, May 9, 2000.

1. lynn

lynn LawnSite Member
    from fl

here is the problem,dealer is the only one in the area that carries parts and equip.<br>So if you need something you go there,<br>his wife is a nasty person and makes you feel<br>like not shopping there. Well here is the topper,I appied for an open account through<br>another dealer that is not local,they call<br>and she ask what they sell.They said mower parts,at that the dealers wife refuses to<br>give a credit rewf.Am mad as h,what would<br>you do

2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Call Lee Harvey Oswald...<br>Send in a evil friend for a slip/fall claim...<p>Seriously,<br>Talk to the dealer, your the customer, let him deal with the grief of making you happy. Be prepared to travel to a new dealer.<p>Maybe the wife has good days too, only shop on those days?

3. Forget about local dealers buy your parts<br>mail order and pay no sales tax and no<br>shipping if order is over $150.<p>Go to http://www.proparts.com/<br>They also can provide Toro and eXmark oem parts.<p>Call them up on the 800# give them your credit card info and wait for ups. Why<br>make two trips to some dealer and have to<br>wait for service with a bunch of loser consumers in line b/4 you.<p>

4. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Hey if you really wanted to get back at her.Start your own mower dealership.Put that mood swinging lady out of business!Just kidding!That would be a good way to get back at her though!!!!<p><p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

5. Gus

Gus LawnSite Member

I talk to the owner and inform him of his wife`s attitude leading you to do business elsewhere. If he`s any kind of a businessman he`ll take care of this and make you happy if not deal with the other guy for a while until <br>hes willing to open an account for you.

6. DTM65

DTM65 LawnSite Member

Do you live in Southern IN? I went across the river to buy my Scag mainly due to the local dealer. He has his wife (also kinda cold and nasty) waiting on customers. She won't (can't) deal (cause he calls the shots) and looked at me like I was nuts when I asked about high-lift blades.<br><p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>

7. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

There's a Toro dealer here in town. She can explain the ins and outs of the products she sells and her business has been going strong for 30 years. Plus, she is very kind to speak with. Don't put up with the &quot;lack of customer service.&quot; Remember, you're the customer here. She has to earn your business even if it means driving farther. The Internet is a wonderful tool. Proparts may be a good alternative.

8. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

jcoat:<br>I see you are from Tulsa, like me. What dealer are you talking about. Is it the one near 41st and Peoria? I am looking for a new ztr and would like to talk to someone around here who actually knows what they are talking about.

9. If you run the same machines you might want to look into buy a few &quot;parts&quot; machines.<p>I have one machine in my garage that just<br>serves this purpose. If I need a part quick I<br>just strip it off and order a replacement.<br>I also try to keep in stock all the belts,<br>spare tranny, and other drive line parts<br>that normally were out over the course of the<br>season.<p>If you take your local dealer out of the loop<br>that is one more thing you can control and<br>you avoid the stress of another outside vendor.

10. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea stone . I dont have extra mowers but i do do all my own work on mowers dont trust the dealers to work on my walk behinds when i bought my last on 36 exmark viking they had not even greased the wheel bearings i walked it around the lot reached down and felt the wheels HOT made them grease everything took my mower home and do all my own work on it