Dealers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liquidforcedude7, Jun 2, 2005.

1. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

we have a local toro/stihl etc. dealer and he treats anyone that isnt some huge LCO like dirt. We've been to him 3 times and today was the last time Ill ever go. The first time we went he wouldnt help us for at least 30 minutes we just kept sitting there ringing the bell and when he finally did get up he wasnt any help at all (it was like he didnt want us to buy it). The second time we went he wouldnt come out from behind his desk. Until that was... some guy in a huge f-350 pulling a huge enclosed trailer with XXXXX XXXXXX landscaping written on the side, pulled in. Then he was all business TO THAT OTHER GUY. He came out from behind his desk, had to other workers pull out 3 huge nice zero turn mowers right up front, he turned all the lights on and then went to the door and opened it for the man who walked in. Then he had all three of the people there assisting this one guy who it turns out only came to buy a blower. And then the third time today when we showed up 20 minutes till closing and he told us to leave. And that whatever we were looking for we wouldnt be able to find it and purchase it within the next 20 minutes and that we had to leave. Are all dealers like this or did I just get stuck with a bad one right near my house???

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

With all due respect, I believe it's your age.
    Your profile says 13 years old, If you were running a dealership how serious would you take a 13 year old?

I'm not busting your chops, just stating what I see as the issue.

3. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i know how you feel exactly i'm 16 and when i go into this one dealer by my house he treats me like dirt. but after i bought a 6,000 dollar mower form him he started to treat me better. maybe u should try to find another dealer
    alex

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I aagree with the above, it's hard to take you serious when you can't drive yet. That's just how business works

5. liquidforcedude7

from america

Its not like I show up to this place on my bike or anything. Sounds gay but when I do stuff like this I try to look decently presentable like with a collared shirt/fleece and stright kahki (sp) shorts. And my dad comes also and its tough to catch him not in collared shirt. OO and my dad has gone by himself and been treated pretty much the same.

6. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I disagree, a customer is a customer period.

7. liquidforcedude7

from america

I agree with Prolawn I was ready to drop >1800$ on various things, blower edger etc. tonight when I showed up.

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

My comment would have been........" Well, I guess I'll take my $1800 and spend it elsewhere since you're not interested in taking it off my hands" And I would have walked out.

Wanna bet he'd have stopped you before the door?

9. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

The dealer was rude no doubt but somehow I don't think he or many other dealers have seen 13 year old kids with $1800 dollarsto spend on equipment.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Seems things have pickup for you in the old money dept then since your post yesterday.....or maybe you meant a $180.00