Dealers!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jazak, Jul 27, 2006.

1. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Just priced out some 36" Exmarks and these dealers where either OVER MSRP or just $50-$100 bucks less!!! What is wrong with these guys!?! :dizzy:

A Viking for $4400?
    A TTHP for $5000?
    What prices have you guys been getting?

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

What size deck and engine on the machines. I was quoted a price of 5k for a tthp 52" 17kaw with exmark stand-on. I beleive thats a pretty good deal!

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

They are 36"s with 15hp Kawasakis.

4. J&R Landscaping

Did the dealers have it in stock or did they have to order the machine in? Since it is in season time now, the dealers don't get the discounted pricing like the got in late winter and spring.

Why not just wait till spring. You can probably save some money and the season is a bit more than 3/4 over. Only have 3 or so monthes to go. JMO

5. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

not trying to sound mean but when you go to wal-mart and get anything do you tell everyone that walmart is on crack?or do you just pay the lady and go back next week for more?why is the dealer different?sorry dude just asking:confused:

6. Larry Davis

Larry Davis LawnSite Member

About 2 months ago I paid $5400 for a TTHP, 48", 19 Kaw. I believe that is probably the going price. This has become a very popular model so I would think most dealers are not going to offer much discounting.

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Because almost no one in the lawncare industry pays retail. It is just a mark up to give the dealer some elbow room for trade ins etc. Do you go to a car dealer and when he says the car is $26,999 do you just pay it without question? I guess some people do. All he will have to do is call a few dealers and he'll get a better price. Thats the way business is done in this country. Dealer sets price, you counter with a lower price, tell him about the lower price at other dealers and then you make a comprimise. Yes I've talked them down at Walmart and Circuit City also on certain occasions. No offense intended Daddy D. I always get about $2000 off retail on ZTR's but it takes some homework.... Thanks My dad was a car salesman for 30+ years and ran a pawn shop so you see where I get it!

8. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

$4400 for a Viking!!!!!!:dizzy: I would never pay Four grand for a fixed deck hydro. Where I'm at I can get a 36" Turf Tracer for that price or lower even.

9. DADDY D

DADDY D LawnSite Member
    from NC

tacoma200
    I agree with you completely I think what i wastrying to say was why bash a dealer over his price?just say thank you and move on theres to much bull shi$$ in the world today to get upset over another mans prices(what do we say to customer that goes ape shi$$ over our prices?:nono:

10. J&R Landscaping

I got a price of $3400 for a 36" snapper Hydro WB w/ the floating/adjustable deck on it. Shop around, different dealers and brands might have different pricing or some distributors may have a midseason over stock sale.

My dealer got a few Toro WB's in for a dman good price. 48" fixed deck, 15hp Kohler gear drive for $2495. Regular price is $3195.

Shop around abit and you should find a deal. Why not check ebay or the market place on LS while you are at it...............