Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdaddy, Mar 1, 2003.

1. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I see alot of guys on here who really feel strongly about certain many of you are dealers??Come on now, cough up a ball and own up to it??!!;)
  2. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I was a dealer. I would stop waisting my time surrfing the net looking for deals:rolleyes:
  3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

There are VERY few if any.
  4. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

It definitely would be a plus to be a Dealer, All the good prices we could give ourselves... A few weeks ago when they had the Lawn mower races on T.V. afterward I went to my dealer for parts,I asked if he saw the races as he has a mower for racing, he did and we talked about how I found out about it, I mentioned this site and he never heard of it.. What I'm getting at is he has better things to do.. (getting better deals for dealers)????

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Come on guys,have they not fell yet??Own up.:p
  6. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

We will be next summer. We looked at the prices that we pay to buy all of our material and equipment, and it just makes sense. We could virtually do slim to no business, and break even just with our company business.
  7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

There are dealers who post here, but I think there is a rule against them saying it. Just checked, there are at least 3 rules agin it.

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Guess I am breaking the rules. I am not familiar with the dealer posting rules. I was a cutter for 1983-96 and have been a dealer since 1985. I guess I still think like a cutter most of the time.

9. PGT

PGT LawnSite Member

I am a dealer in Wichita, Ks. I've learned a lot from you guys and it helps me understand what you need to read these posts. More and more I get customers refering to this site and I always recommend it. Its great for my new cutters to read this I think it helps them (pricing, equipment choices and so on). It helps that I sell Exmark:D