dealing with another LCO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Aug 4, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi all. How would you handle another LCO that has an account attached to one of yours. I had it before but was lowballed out of it. I know i posted abot it. Well The companies owner is never at the site and had kids mowing for him. (They are adults but are very young). The mow low and discharge clippings all over onto my lawn and driveway. Here are a few pics of there driveway and the mine. Just wondering how you would handle this? I E-mailed the company but have gotten no response yet.

picture 037.jpg
  2. chefdrp

there driveway. matted grass

picture 038.jpg
  3. chefdrp

top of my drive on the private rd that connects the drives. This grass was left from last week so i had to scrape it up then blow it off.

picture 039.jpg
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

call up the guy or stop in and talk to him in a professional matter. Or just have the homeowner call them up. Or have the homeowner complain to the neighbor. Or if you see them mowing just politely ask not to blow clippings on your area. If they get all defensive about then really have words with the owner
  5. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

I think I would wait until they return to cut again and be ready with my backpack blower. As they cut, blow it right back on them... Have you tried contacting the owner of the property? Ofcourse, he may just assume you are complaining because you lost the account (if I understood you correctly).
  6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I can see why you lost the house to them, they do a much nicer job! :p

I would have your customer complain to them, or go and talk to the neighbor themselves since they were a customer. I can't beleive they actually pay for that! :eek:
  7. chefdrp

most of my clients are from Clevland and have weekend or summer houses. These happen to be weekenders. I very rarely see my clients. I just dont want my home owner thinking i am leaveing this mess.LOL
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

talk to your customer about it. Tell them the problem, perhaps they will take care of it for you. Show them the pics as well
  9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

email is very impersonal and usually slow to get matters resolved. contact their boss on the phone or in person.

I personally would talk to YOUR customer and tell them to contact the other homeowner or the other LCO. A complaint coming from a customer will have more pull than from a competing LCO. they may think you're just being a hardarse
  10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, what he said.........