1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dealing with dealers please help.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

OK I give up! Here is the story a friend of mine buys a mower picks it up and takes it home. Now I go out and look at it notice it is leaking oil from the hydro filiter or line. I told him take it back and get it fix. The gas gage was also not working. He paid 12,000 for it and some change.

Now it gets good the dealer came and picked it up on thursday. It has been a week so he calls up and the dealer says I cant even look at it until next week that will be 2 weeks without a brand new mower.

I am at a loss for words I know I am hard on dealers ex this one who by the way kept my mowers for 6 and 10 days for warranty work. Question is, this is the biggest dealer in the area and maybe this side of the state what can you do when there is nobody else to service your machine for warranty work?

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Call the manufacturer and let them know what is going on with their dealer.

3. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

don't know if you dealt with a salesperson, but sometimes they can persuade the mechanic to hurry up if you know what i mean

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be in the dealers face big time. He would either give me a refund or another new mower, or put this one in front of the line to be fixed and give me a demo while it was being repaired. Wait two weeks? That's bs ....it ain't going to happen.

5. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Sell that sucker and swap to a brand that another dealer in your area sells

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Demand to exchange it. I won't even want them to fix it. It is new.

7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I agree!:clapping:

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be pressuring the dealer to get it done quickly. I had some warrenty work done on my mower in the fall and the dealer had it for 7 days. I had told them that I needed it as soon as possible cause I had jobs to do, they told me it would be looked at on the day a brought it in (Monday) but didn't until Thursday. They finally ordered the new engine and got that in on Friday. They then told me that it would be done by the end of the day on Friday or in the morning on Saturday. Neither of those were true. I finally got it back on Monday. They didn't have a demo mower for me to use and I do most of my lawns on the weekend too so I was busy for a while. You just have to keep reminding them that you need the mower and can't wait.

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

You think the manufactor cares if they are selling more than any dealer within a 100 miles? I dont. I go up there today with my friend. right now If I brake down today They cannot look at it until april 9th.

This predicament is the reason why bop is going to take over. Who wants to deal with guys who will not service the very machines they sell.

10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Insist on a loaner till they fix yours