1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deals are out there

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mdirrigation, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Its great being in the right place at the right time , I stopped by the mechanic to pick up a compressor and another customer of his walked in and asked him if he could sell a one and a half inch missile , complete for $ 600.00.
    He uses 3 inch mostly and was tripping over it in his garage . I wrote him a check on the spot .
  2. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

how far do you shoot with those missles?
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Lucky, I've been wanting a missile forever.

We got a call from another irrigation company a few weeks ago, said he had gotten a semi truckload of assorted parts from an auction or something and wondered if we wanted any.

We ended up paying $200 for about 500 SCH 80 fittings from 3/4" to 2".

I don't use SCH80 fittings much (downstream of pumps is about it), but for that price, why not.
  4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Seen a few decent deals recently there
  5. Mdirrigation

I have shot 50 feet and hit the mark within 8 inches . The new one is smaller than my others it will be great for shooting under walks , driveways and thru beds
  6. I have a boatload of pvc fittings ranging from 1/2 to 2 inch as well....wanna picture of them and pay me 200 bucks for them all?

Seriously..I have a ton of pvc fittings...anyone interested PM me....
  7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

the missle concept intrigues me. I've never actually seen one work. On those installations where the side yard is to small for a machine, would a missile shoot down the yard instead of boring a drive and going down the other side?

If they are as easy to use as some of you make it sound, the possibilities are endless. How long does it take to make a shot?
  8. Mdirrigation

They are great for narrow areas , going under sidewalks and drives , when a landsacpe bed is in the wAY , I go under . need to run a pipe along a steep hill where a plow will tip over , use the missile. As Far as time from set up to putting it away on a 30 foot shot is anout 45 minutes in sandy soil .

I did with out one for 15 years until I paid a guy to shoot 3 roads for me , I bought 2 used ones 2 weeks later , paid for them in less than a month . I now work for , 4 plumbers and 6 electricians and 1 of my competition . Time is money , If I can buy equipment that makes me more efficent and makes life easier I do it in a heartbeat

If you want to see one work call your local equipment dealer to demo one for you
  9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never heard of one is there a information link available
  10. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa