dear customer.........letter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 19, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my contracts have due dates, they have penalties and interest /late fees. BUT, i don't want late fees or interest, i just want my money on time. here is a letter we enclosed in our billing for late payers, tell me what u think: dear valued customer, just a brief explanation of billing procedures: your bill will be sent on the 15th of each month, for all services provided during that month. payments are due by the last day of the same month. please make every effort to honor our due dates. thank you in advance for your cooperation.

2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

short, sweet, and to the point. I like it.

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds very resonable to me.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

sounds nice. I would add, "if you can not honor our due date, services will not be completed or continued until paid in full."

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby,
    Just a suggestion, add the word anticipated prior to cooperation.
    thank you in advance for your cooperation

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

"please make every effort to honor our due dates" Or I will hunt you down and make you pay like the worthless lying cheating dog you are. More to the point

Mac

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I would not do that, people are sometimes busy and I don't want to lose money from a customer who always pays [sometimes late] because of it.

If you make it inconvenient for them to do business they might go somewhere else. Grace goes both ways in long term customer relations IMO