Dear fert. man.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jun 7, 2011.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Dear Fertilizer man,

Can you please stop treating the already 2 foot tall grass that can not be even walked on let alone mowed yet.

2. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

No, I cannot. The boss says is I want my $ 8.50 an hour I have to spray this stuff on this lawn. I am not allowed to look at condition, moisture or length of grass.

Sorry
    Fert Man

3. nobagger

from Pa

LMAO! This was of course a "national" fert. company.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i can understand that wish, but they gotta make their money, they have no concern for you.

that is why you do it yourself so you have control of those things.

look into it,

5. nobagger

from Pa

We have about 80% of our customer's with a local company who is like night and day but there are still a few who liked the $23.00 per app price (about 7-8k sqft.)

6. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I totally agree. Heck, even if you do show up, go a little lighter on the material being spread. And the dam* homeowners are no better. Why would they want a lawn that needs to be cut every three days??? They need to tell the big company's to hold off on the applications for a while. :dizzy:

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

You guys still getting hammered with rain? Just south here in MD we went from non stop rain to the lawns are now burning up in 1 1/2 weeks time. 97 tomorrow and 98 to 99 thursday and they will be toast. Might get some rain friday and a little this weekend. I am absolutely shocked our lawns have gone down hill this fast. It was so wet for so long and with the sudden heat and dry most lawns here are diseased pretty bad.

8. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you, I live in catonsville, I was nonstop busy, not I haven't cut anything in 3 days. Lawns that needed cut every 7 days haven't even grown any in 7 days. I wish it would rain already.

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

My thoughts exactly!!!!....only I've been able to mow. The one week growth is out of control!!

Also.....I consider fert and squirt guys in the same category as used car salesmen. They will sell you the shoes you walk in on.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i wish i had this problem-the fert co,s skimp so much that my lawns are all starving . all a bunch of crooks