Dear Shindaiwa Inc,

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pietro, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Dear Shindaiwa Inc,

Hello, my name is Pete , and I own and operate a landscaping company in Freehold NJ. I purchased an EB8510 Backpack blower from my local dealer a few months ago, and have been having nothing but problems with it. When I first got it, I loved it, it was the most powerful blower I had ever used. Then the problems started to occur. After 2 weeks use, the head gasket blew, and I brought it into the dealer. They said there was a factory recall, and the gaskets were blowing due to the head studs not being tightened enough from the factory. They fixed it for free, and it just goes downhill from there. The blower was always “iffy” while running, bogging down and never starting in less than 5 pulls. I recently too it back to the dealer to have them look at it, and they had to do major work to it. They replaced some seals, gaskets and a camshaft as well, if I remember correctly. I got it back again, and guess what? It still works horrible. I just don’t see why something as major as a camshaft would need replacement. I bought this item because the dealer told me it was the most powerful blower on the market, which I believed until the problems started happening. Basically I feel that I did not get $550 worth of product here, or maybe mine is just a lemon? Let me know what we can do. My dealers name is Barg’s Lawn And Garden Shop, (732) 462-1274. My Company name is P&C Landscaping. My phone number is

What do you think theyll do?

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Well, if they truly care about their product, they should do something. good luck.

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

You should E-Mail them, and see what they can do for ya

4. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

Of the 3 EB8510 blowers that we have, one has blown a head gasket. Dealer fixed it quick under warranty. I hope the story about under tightened studs is real. I'd hate to have to stock up on head gaskets, and learn to be quick at changing them.

We bought the first EB8510 late last summer. We were amazed at the amount of air that it moved, so we got two more for fall clean-ups. Shortly after we got the other two, the fist one blew the gasket. We have our fingers crossed now, hoping they were good purchases.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Also, please be advised of the muffler recall. Replacements were supposed to be available mid June, but as a dealer we have yet to receive them from our distributor.

Attached Files:

6. heather

heather LawnSite Member

same thing happened to me. After a month of mine being in the shop they gave up. the shindaiwa rep gave me a new one

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

If I were the Shin rep, I'd let you in on "the secret"...

Buy a BR600:)

8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

And i'd let you in on mine.......

Buy a PB-755T...:weightlifter: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Why so you can sit there and watch it move dust :laugh: :laugh:

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Thought I'd fix it for ya....:)