Death in Blades of Steel family

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

What a crappy weekend. My 17 year old niece :angel: was killed in Walnut Mississippi after she was involved in a fender bender. She survived that and when she got out of her car and got down in the grass area. A car doing 70 swirved to miss her car and struck her. She never saw what hit her and was killed instantly. She was my sisters only child.

Say a prayer for my sister guys. She could really use it..

Tim

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Sorry Tim.
    John

3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

the bad thing here is that 2 lifes have been ruined. The girl who hit here left the scene. So after they caught her they charged her with all kinds of stuff. Because she left they have thrown the book at her. If charged with everything she'll get 10 years. Not to mention she was a 24 year old black lady who killed a 17 year old white girl in Mississippi.

Personally, I would not charge the lady with anything other than leaving the scene. Regardless if she stopped or not Amber would still be gone.

Tim

4. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

my thoughts are with you and your sister. is walnut in quitman county? i was raised in marks, ms.

5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I will say a payer for you and your family, My condolences.

Jeff

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear that........this is terrible.

People should be accountable so I differ with you on what the other girl should be charged with.

My sister in law lost her son 3 years ago to a car wreck. This is gonna be extremely tough for quite a long time. Give her all the love and support she needs.

Again.......this is terrible.

7. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Our deepest prayers are with you & yours... :angel:

8. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

So sorry, Tim. We will certainly be praying for your family.

9. TREEGODFATHER

TREEGODFATHER LawnSite Member

Deepest sympathies to you & your family. I know exactly what you're going thru.

:angel:

10. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the loss. I appreciate your attitude towards the lady that left the scene. Keeping your cool and forgiving helps heal things.