1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Debbie

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jun 24, 2012.

1. That is one of my no-nos. the first time a customer complains about me being behind due to weather, they are gone. I will work in light rain all day, but when we have heavy rains a couple days at a time, or only a half day break between rains, there is not much you can get done. Todd thing is though that most of my customers aren't here this time of year. Texas was bad last year. I couldn't even imagine a whole year with no rain. A lot of business would be lost for a lot of people.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. We are really the only state that has its rainy season during the hottest months of the year. If you go to the mowing forum, guys all over are complaining about having to skip multiple weeks on their per cut basis. If you price right in Florida, you can make great money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

We are caught upn everything except trimming.

Had somebody knocking on my door last night @ 8:00 PM... tree down & roof leak.

Looks like guys from Tampa NE to Gainseville to Orlando, to Jacksonville are going to be wet today.

We'll be doing clean up today.

4. jvanvliet

For pleasure? There's not that much property damage for work.

5. a little vacation, maybe some fishing.

6. jvanvliet

Where abouts?

I'm on the Gold Coast where it's always a Spring Break, the sun always shines and the party never stops.

7. AskTurfPro

AskTurfPro LawnSite Member

In the panhandle we got a little rain, pretty windy today. We are working and doing everything except spraying.

8. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like today is a wash for us.

9. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

I don't think we will be doing much mowing today even if the rain clears up.... our yard is completely underwater and I know when ours looks like this, several of our customers are similar, or at least completely mush even to walk on, let alone put a mower on.

lawn.jpg

lawn2.jpg

10. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here, water retention area's on all of the commercial properties are over flowing into the parking lots and lawns.