1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Does rain really get into the groundwater that quick in FL?

Not sure what it is up here, but it sure isn't a few days.
  2. I see you are in Indiana. We just moved down here last October from Indianapolis. The Beech Grove area.

And yes it's spelled Beech. :)
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Really depends on where you are in Florida. Soil types vary Greatly across the state. S W Coastal Florida is pretty much pure calcareous sand. West of I 75 Water sinks in real real quick. But you have to remember most house are build on fill dirt and still only 20 ft above mean tide level. Older homes like my father's was only 6 ft.

Rain has stopped for now but the winds are gusting strong. I am still in limbo because any thing I apply, has a chance of being washed away. I think we are look for an inch of rain a day on already saturated ground.

4. Bassman

Bassman LawnSite Senior Member

I put the pedal to the metal today, catching up fast.
  5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

We got along pretty good this morning and got shut down early afternoon by some strong rains. Went to a different part of town and got two more lawns done before the rain caught up. The lawns are very very moist so going fast is not a option for me at this time. We are scheduled for 70% chance of rain tomorrow, we shall see what we can get done but it is not looking promising if you listen to their reports.
  6. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

We are heading out tomorrow.. I don't think we will be seeing much rain action tomorrow.. chance of rain was 70-80% today.. didn't see a drop after 1pm.. Ive learned the weather channel is losing its credibility.
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Windy as hell today. A few areas with serious flooding. The wealthy waterfront of Tampa is under saltwater for day 3 now. I have 2 accounts there and I'm not sure if anything will be salvageable. Thank god for insurance and being rich. Everybody else is still way too soggy to cut.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Here's my rule, if they 70%, it won't rain. 20% and you get a monsoon. I agree, not very credible.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

We cleared up at around 5:30 over here today. I am thinking they are full of it on tomorrow too but we shall see. Time to play catch up and hope everything falls into place.