1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I keep seeing footage of your area and some of the damage. You guys obviously have it much worse than we do inland. But on a bright note you guys actually had waves that amounted to something on your beaches for a change!
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yea and eroded millions of dollars of the soft white sand they've been trucking in. Not to mention all the brand new landscaping for the RNC that is now under water.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. I mowed in Port Charlotte today. I had to weed trim some culverts but that is nothing new. It was either weed trim them, skip them, or put a snorkel on the mower.
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Believe you me, there are plenty of us here that were looking for Debby to make the left turn and head towards Texas to refill our lakes, some of which are as much as 30-40 foot low and less than 50% full, IF not counting the ones that have dried up and not been able to catch any water. Something like that storm, had it come in and stalled over the Texas hill country and dropped 14-20 inches of rain would have added greatly to Lake Travis and probably even Buchanan.
  5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

So close and yet so far :dizzy: Weatherman had said they expected it to go NW.

Meanwhile, Florida Water Management has announced it is "moving" water. That's a code for dumping billions of gallons of fresh water into the ocean in advance of a protracted dry spell. It's uncanny how they can do it every time.
  6. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

Well that was fun.. I pulled the crews back home about an hour ago.. thoroughly soaked this morning..Guess we will try again tomorrow and Friday, if not.. guess we'll see em' next week.. I'm turning the phones off friday at 6 thought because I dont wanna hear the bitching.. if your common sense isnt working.. dont bother me
  7. stickleylawncare

stickleylawncare LawnSite Member

We were able to get in a full day of mowing, just downsized a few mowers on some properties. A lot less clean up than I thought wed have, I guess the storm a few weeks ago already made the mess... just a lot of water this time.
  8. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Should of stayed out just a little longer...the day turned out to be pretty nice and productive for me.
  9. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

It did turn out to be pretty nice but my yards stayed soaked all day.. not worth damaging a yard and getting everything dirty.. There is always tomorrow
  10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

We've cleaned up enough palm fronds to build a hotel out of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device