1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"Debris Disposal Rate"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, Feb 9, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm working on a bid for a couple apartment complexes, and in the bid package, it wants a price for "Debris Disposal Rate" it is defined nowhere in the bid package, what is meant by this??
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Cost per yard of leaf removal and/or sticks, limbs, etc. That would be my guess.
  3. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

It is debris removal for limbs, leaves, trash, spoils from improvements. I usually go with 10% of selling price.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would bid it at a "per load" basis...that way you're covered no matter how much there is.
  5. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i know most of you guys will say im high, but i charge a flat rate $100.00 per truck load, but in my area it costs me atleast 35 to dispose of it at the local dump....i usually put about 3yds on my truck at a time ...
  6. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We charge buy the load.no other way to do it!!!
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

sounds good. I charge $75 per load and no cost at the dump.
  8. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

call up and ask, because that may be them wanting you to act as the janitor for the trash tossed out in the yard.

For that I price it at $60 man hour beyond 20 man minutes per visit. this is my only listing of an hourly rate and I do it for shock and awe purposes, so they will make their maintenance guy do his job, or make the tenents do it. Anyone but me.

If it is for trimmings disposal, I just include that in the price of the bid with no separate line item price.
  9. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I'd ask them too, as they might have a bunch of mattresses and furniture and miscellaneous CRAP that people abandon when the move in the middle of the night!

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm definetly going to call monday and ask exactly what they mean by it.