1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Debris Loaders? Anyone other then Billygoat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger520, Nov 11, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Is there anyone other then Billy Goat that makes Debris loaders?

2. Giant Vac
    Trac Vac
    Hi Way

All I can think of aff hand, all about the same price for the same engine brand and size.

What are you looking to spend and load into?
  3. ranger520

LGF, Not to worried about price but just curious if anything else was out there. I was looking to build a box on the back of my 2000 2500 silverado. Hey I have an exmark question for you. Can I go down to 1 spacer between my blade and spindle to reduce blow out?

4. If you have a through bolt, you would want to raise the blade up 1 spacer, it should take care of that.

I think the Giant Vac and Lesco are your best bet, they both have swing a way loader.

If price is no biggy on the smaller vac's, get one with electric start, trust me when it's cold you will want it.
  5. ranger520

Thanks for the info. have you used the ultra vac on a lazer by any chance. I have been looking into a machine that will perform for fall clean-up work. I have been looking at walkers but that is hard when you like the exmarks.

6. I am partial to the Peco Vac's that dump from the seat with pony motors.

I have tried the Ultr Vac, but....well now they have the dump from the seat, have to try that when it's available.
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

hey lgf, do you know when the qds is set to come out? maybe this spring? im on the cusp of buying a bagger for my exmark, and i was thinking of waiting till that came out.
  8. If you're talking about the dump from the seat ultra vac, I was told next spring.

I was also told that someone sent out those brocures a few weeks early, as it was to be debued at the GIE show.

So my "sources" tell me (LOL) I "might" be able to try one this fall, but it will still not be available till Spring.
  9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I use my my Exmark Metro everyday. I have found that the lower your deck height is the less blow out. I never put more than two spacers on the bottom. Anymore would be too much blowout. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask or email.