debris loaders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by el toro, Oct 15, 2007.

1. el toro

el toro LawnSite Member

whats up guys, been lurking on the forum for a few weeks. Lots of good info. I'm looking at buying a debris loader to get leaves in a dump truck I have. I like the billy goat with the 11 h.p. briggs. Anybody got one?

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

go with the honda 13hp. better fuel economy and more durable. only 200 more and well worth the money.

3. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with sildoc on this one, the bigger the motor the better. Size is everything when sucking up leaves etc...

Buy the biggest motor you can, you won't regret it.

:)

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Its always cheaper to buy the biggest 1st. I have a 16hp BG and wish for a bigger one every time I crank it up.

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

my giant vac is a 16hp briggs it does the job go as big as possible because as usual the leaves are never dry when you need to pick them up lol

6. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 18hp briggs on my Gaint Vac and love it..How much for the billy goat?

7. el toro

el toro LawnSite Member

the billy goat is 2000 for the 11 h.p. , 2500 for the 13 h.p. honda. Usually I buy the best equipment I can get, but I'll only be using it a couple of months out of the year. We use walker mowers to cleanup our properties and I'll use the loader to pickup the piles we dump at the street. It should work pretty well for that I would hope.

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been researching this very thing. the 13 honda is only 2014 scfm while the giant vac 10 hp is 2740 scfm. and it is only 2000 as oposed to 2800 for the billy goat.

9. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

This is one of the prime reasons we don't like to publish performance numbers. If anything we under report the actual performance numbers. Getting caught lying is not only unethical but could end up costing you in a court of law. Look at the engine lawsuits and what it cost Briggs & Stratton.

Nonetheless, of the major competitors who publush their numbers and we've tested we've found that reality and the printed numbers are at odds in a serious way. The problem is it simply is not worth fighting them in a court of law.

In short, be VERY leary of following published performance numbers. Ask for a demo, let the product speak for itself.

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

check out alamia. com they have free shipping on BG Debris loaders and some pretty good prices too.