Debris pickup tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLC, Jan 28, 2001.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone here use one of those grabber arms to pickup garbage and debris. If so, where do you get them? There is so much trash and debris on my comm. properties and it's a lot of bending over. Is there a certain kind that is better than the other? Thanks for any help.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I have 2 of them. One came from a medical supply store, it has a clawed end on it and works well for most trash. My dealer also sells the longer ones with the suction cups on them. In my opinion I can use the smaller one better than the big one, maybe it's because I'm used to it. Call around, shouldn't be too hard to find one.

3. David Hickerson

David Hickerson LawnSite Member

Gemplers.com, They sell between $20&$25. If youcan not find it on the web site have them send you the catalog at know charge.

Will be ordering one next week

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, guys.

5. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

Last week I saw some at K-Mart but didn't see the price

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

My dealer also sells the one with the suction cup for around $20.00 and they come in different lengths. The long one is nice for picking up while staying on a ZTR. It will pick up heavy bottles. :)

7. I never leave home without one.

[​IMG]

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I can't find your grabber Larry, but I do see the JRCo rake brackets on board. Where do you have it stored at on that picture?

9. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

I never saw a wb with lights before, I guess cutting a night would make my customers pretty mad (LMAO)

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Looks to me like it is in the tube infront of the handlebars.