Debris Shields Eye Protectors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ron, May 29, 2001.

1. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I have always had trouble with debris blowing into my face and eyes I have tryied those funny looging safety glasses but I still get sand etc in my eyes while using my supper z rider what do you use to keep the sand etc out of your eyes,,,,

2. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Check out www.cheaperthandirt.com they have a lot of Army surplus, etc., and they also have some sealed goggles.

3. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

cool thanks for that info

4. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

GET SOME OAKLEYS THERE NICE SUNGLASSES AND DURABLE AND THEY HAVE A GOOD WARRENTY SO IF THEY BREAK WHICH U WIOLL PROBABLY FIND OUT BEFORE THE WARRENTY IS UP TAKE THEM BACK. I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!:D

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the oakley eyejackets. With the gold irridium lenses. Makes for great cutting all day including mornings and evenings. Also they are safety goggles. :) Atleast my accountant said so!!

6. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Just use Safety GOGGLES instead of sfaety glasses.....and make sure they have anti-fog vents or they will do no good!

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

toroboy, i use oakleys as well as safty glasses, look good,and cover all my eyes and don't let dust or grass in. make sure to get the clear glass for cloudy days so you can see, as well as the dark for sunny days.

8. Grapevine

Grapevine LawnSite Member

Call Direct Safety @ 800-528-7405 for a catologue. They have a great selection of safety glasses that look like Oakleys at about $6.00 a pair. Don't spend $90.00 on a pair of sunglasses that will scratched up from rocks and debris flying up from weedwhacking. Buy 5 or 6 pair at a time and give them to anyone who's working for you.