debris shields

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, May 23, 2001.

1. hey there i was just wondering how many of you all remove the debris shields from your string trimmers? i know i do, and i think that it cuts down on the amount of line that i use up each day. any thoughts on this? i know people who do remove the shields, and others who dont. just wanna see the ratio here.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You have a couple months of reading to do Vibe Ray. We just did this same topic not to long ago. Time to do some reading and I know you would just rather ask questions, but try out the search feature, it works. :)

3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

do a search this is talked about all the time i think someone should make a Poll

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric, suprisingly enough, this wasn't asked by Vibe!

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Oppps, I just assumed it was Vibe Ray. Sorry Vibe Ray. ;)

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

lawnboy its to dangerous, you can't controll how much line comes out. its on their for a reason.

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I take mine off and I like it better than with. You actually can control the amount of line, at least with my Stihl you can.

8. joshua. i can with a string trimmer- trim all the blades of grass next to a plastic garbage bag without tearing the fabric the least bit. this is without the guard. with the guard i am all screwed up from not using the thing for so darn long. try it for a while without. you wont be changing heads nearly as many times each day.

9. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I never tire of reading Lawnboy82's signature. LOL

*keeping a close eye on my feet*

10. maybe i should change it again?