Debris Systems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.debrissystems.com/trailer7.html

Who here has one of these?

I'm interested in the gooseneck with the encolsed portion.

I run Walkers on my residential properties and need a better grass handling system.

As I understand it you can dump 3 Walker 9.5 bushel hoppers into the small dumper hopper before dumping it into the large 9 yard hopper on the trailer.

Sounds like a great time sever to me.

Expensive though. $20 large.....

2. Trader Rick

Trader Rick LawnSite Member

One problem with this set up is wind. If you dump dry grass (scalping or early season dead grass) the wind blowes it every where. Also leaves get blowen every where. Saw one guy use a system similar. what a mess. We use walkers as well and use the box inserts in the 9.5 hoppers, we use dump trucks with enclosed trailers. Our trucks have Knapheid beds with a side open door on the curb side, very easy to put grass in. We cut approx 400 customers per week and it works well for us. The goose neck would seem very long for culdesaks???

3. jeremy's lc

jeremy's lc LawnSite Member

Scott I have a model 1700 debris system trailer its a real time saver if you catch alot of grass and have no onsite place to dump. I run walkers too and you can put (3) 9.5 hopper in the bucket before you dump in the big box. My
    trailer is not a gooseneck or is enclosed but it works great. I have been thinking about down sizeing this year to one crew and putting the trailer & other things up for sale because (1) crew is so much easier to look after.
    Good worker are is hard to find!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

4. Green Pastures

Jeremy, If you are looking to sell your trailer, I could be inerested. I'm a big fan of enclosed trailer, but I need to stretch my dollar as far as I can.

I'd love to talk to you about your experience with Debris Systems regardless of your position to sell or not.

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure if I personally would want one of those, but I have to say its pretty serious.

6. jeremy's lc

jeremy's lc LawnSite Member

Scott, I would be gald to talk with you just call me.

256-335-1926
    Jeremy:usflag:

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a cool trailer what is the price on it.:drinkup:

1aa.jpg

8. Green Pastures

Look at the original post again dude......

9. h-desert

h-desert LawnSite Member

hey I'm new on this site, but i realized you guys were talking about debris systems trailers. I have one for sale right now. Let me know if you are interested? I am planning on focusing more on landscape installation. It holds 2 of our walkers as well as two 21" walk behinds. It has a 4 trimmer rack as well as 3 backpack blower holders.