1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Debris vaccumes.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by d6dozerlgp, Mar 20, 2011.

1. d6dozerlgp

d6dozerlgp LawnSite Member

Is a Billy Goat debris vaccume worth the $1800.00 investment. I need to remove trash,leafs etc from a property weekly, but I have never used this machine and dont know how they perform.

2. pavwa

pavwa LawnSite Member

Why not just use a mower with a bagger? I used to have an old billy goat that was given to me by my father in law about 5 years ago, I started it up used it on my own front yard for about 2 mins ( just to see if it ran) and it sat in my garage for the remainder of the 5 years until i gave it to a buddy. I didn't see the point in it since I have mowers with bagging systems.

3. d6dozerlgp

d6dozerlgp LawnSite Member

The reason I dont use bagger mowers is because the leafs need to be removed from 2 inch rock beds and I dont want to damage my blades or send a rock flying thru a cars windsheild.

4. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Can you blow them into the lawn and then use the bagger. Thats what I do and it is oh so quick.