Debris Vacuum Systems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barefootlawnsandlandscape, Aug 28, 2006.

1. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted some opinions on what is the best machine out there for leaf removal. I want a machine I can mount on my dump trailor. Was looking at Billy Goats and Track Vacs.

2. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

BUMP I would like some input also. I now have a 16hp BillyGoat Truck loader

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I thought these big vac was the solution to picking up leaves? It has always seemed to me like a difficult task to push leaves across a big yard into a pile then try to suck them into a tiny 12" tube. I would think that takes forever?

4. Curtis

Curtis LawnSite Member

I don't know too much about these machines but I wish somebody had some pics of a plywood contraption at the front of the trailer to clear leaves off when you have a full load . I've heard you hook a rope to a tree and just drag everything off in a flash .

5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i have run these units for years i love them an I have a dealer close !

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I just want to know which loader is the BEST bang for the buck. I'm sure anything less than my 16hp Billy Goat is a waste of time. I tried out a BG 20 hp a few years ago at a trade show. The 12 inch diameter hose seemed much better than my 10" hose, but the cfm was about the same. How big should I go, without breaking the bank...or should I break it.

7. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

You wanna do wet leaves as well , go big!! I used to run a huge vac with a 65 continential on it but it was a bear to back into drives cause i couldn't see the dang thing!!I run a 16hp billy goat an a small 8 hp billy goat both truck mounts . believe it or not the 8 hp does well the only time i clog it if the leaves are wet thats where the 16 hp comes in! But all in all i dont really do wet leaves i pick an choose my customers an most of my leaf clientel have been with me for years ! I do leaf work hard for 8 weeks solid making rounds every 2 weeks , usually go by customers house 3 times then on the 4th trip we do the final! the final consist of the landscape bed areas an the gutters. Hope this helps ya an bigger is not always needed just depends on the amount af leaves your trying to do an if they are wet or dry! see ya have a good one,,, George