Debt free!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TomberLawn, Aug 8, 2008.

1. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

As of 8:08am on 8-8-08, I am completely debt free! It's time to start making some real money now!

I bought my Ferris in April 2007 and paid it off completely in less than 18 months, while also paying off my truck and buying other equipment (hand helds, Lawn Boy, Cub Cadet, etc). It feels really good to know that all the money I make is going to me, except for what the gov't thinks is theirs.

By the way, I did this with just 10-12 accounts plus some mulching and hedge trimming. I can't take any credit, however. If it was not for the Lord blessing me with customers, I'd still be changing truck tires for $8.50/hr. Remember to thank God everyday for the ability to work and earn a living.

2. bryansong

bryansong LawnSite Member

Amen, and good for you. Congratulations!

Bryansong

3. MAD87

MAD87 LawnSite Member

That is great! I know the feeling, I just paid my Exmark off 2 months ago and it felt great to get that load off my chest. I've almost got my truck paid off so that will get me totally out of debt.

I too am working through college, and there is no way I could do it without the good Lord on my side. Amen!:clapping:

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

COngrats!! Im almost there too!

5. jdramr4

jdramr4 LawnSite Member

Congrats God willing I will be debt free also by the end of the summer. All I have left is my truck.

6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I can't wait for the day I'm debt free, it will be awesome!

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ive been debt free for over 10 years, your gonna Love it. I plan on going full time next year, I have everything purchased but a Box van and ZTR. Im looking for a good deal on both right now.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm sure it is a great feeling to be "debt free" but the ones saying their debt free, does that include your mortgage, CC's, wifes car payment, medical bills etc..... or do you mean, I finally paid my mower off?
    "Debt free" to me means I don't have any bills to pay other then utilities.

9. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure the man is talking about being debt free with his business. Don't rain on the man's parade!!!

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

No, not raining at all matter of fact, I think it's great that he was able to do it. I was just wondering what he meant by debt free.