decaling mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Jul 18, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i was just wondering if anyone has ever painted or decalled their mowers to match their company colors/logo. i think it would look professional. my neighbor works for a sign company and he constanty brings over samples of bus wrap material and said it would work good to decal with. anyone have some pics or ideas for decalling mowers?

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know where you would have enough room to decal.

3. Jay ALC

Jay ALC LawnSite Member

Guys around here tend to put vinyl lettering or graphics on their grass catchers such as on a walker or grasshopper.

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I was just thinking asbout this very thing the other nite after seeing a commercial for Jones Cycle Shop. They are a Harley/Tattoo Shop.

I thought some narly graphics might be the way to fly to spruce the 'ol mowers.:cool:

Kris

5. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

We began running Exmarks a couple of years ago. We painted our walker and our Howard Price 1260 Batwing the same red color. Walkers look good red! They both were a chore to paint though. The 1260 was already apart getting a new ingine so it got a thru and thru paint job. The walker just got the outer skin.:p

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, if your truck and trailer are the same color, this will make the biggest difference. My trailer was red when I got it, but I painted it black to match the truck.

Most of the equipment is Husqvarna, so it's orange. I have a LS (Black Rock Mfg) WB and a Bachtold high grass mower, which are also orange. Several people have made the comment to me that my setup looks professional and other cutters check it out in parking lots almost every day. I had the first trailer around here with a toolbox on the tongue and racks on the driver's side, now most guys do it that way.

7. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I put vinyl lettering and phone # on the front of the gastank of my walkbehind. It looks good--not cheasy at all. Staples has different style and size type and they are about $5 per pack. When I go to the boardwalk this summer I may have the guy in a sticker booth shoot my logo and make a few stickers for cheap--I think he gets 5-10 bucks per sticker.

jeffyr

8. Lawndude

Lawndude LawnSite Member

I saw a guy with a stuffed animal tail on the back of his lazer z

9. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

logos on the mower: definately cool, and useful.

painting mowers, trailers to match: cool if a good colour

painting mowers a girlie light blue/ teal combo, like one of my competitors: not so cool, eh?

he probably thinks the rest of us look at him in envy.:rolleyes:

10. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I say if you can find the room to put a decal on then go for it, you can never have enough advertising. Like the others said, trailers, mowers and anything the public eye can see is a advertising tool. Now the stuffed animal tail on the Laser is an interesting thought, you have to give the guy creativity points.