1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Decduct 50% of equipment this year on taxes!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HydroGearHead, Jan 25, 2008.

1. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

Well whatever you think about Bush he is pushing for us to be able to deduct 50% of our new equipment purchases this year on our taxes so I say hey that's great!!!
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That's great!!!! Will that be just for this years purchases or last years for the taxes we are doing now?
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Hmmm....guess this year would be a good year for me to upgrade lots of equipment...
  4. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

The sky is falling. Mark my words.
  5. Da/man

Da/man LawnSite Member

I guess that means since I am just starting out I can buy the supernice equip. rather then the cheap nice stuff..
  6. mowwmann

mowwmann LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

does anyone know if there are any limits on the type and such...i know last time vehicles had to be a certain weight...looking at getting a new vehicle for advertising and the weight will determine...thanks in advance
  7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Please remember last time we had a slow down those rebates worked and we had a nice run of a good economy.
  8. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

As far as I know you can deduct 100% of your equipment up to something like 100,000. You can do this rather than depreciate your equipment, I thinks its section 179.
  9. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

This would be great if it passes. I'll do my part to help the economy and get a 36" Bobcat too in addition to my new 48"
  10. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Perfect. Bought all new everything last year;) Maybe I'll use my family rebate to make payments on it:hammerhead: