december touble

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Frontier-Lawn, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

anybody have trouble colecting money in december?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Yes we have late payers
  3. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

I'm definitely expecting it. I stated in about 3 different places on my last invoice that payment was absolutely due by Dec. 15th. I hope that helps. Doubtfull though.
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah here too. I have a couple of late payers right now. Seems they are less likely to be late when the yard is gonna need mowing next week. Most accounts are current though.
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

slow payments occur around halloween-thanksgiving(plus one week). The checks are all rolling in now that people have thanksgiving out of the way. This is the final week before xmas 'crazyness'. The two or three stragglers remaining are jamming for xmas and they'll rollin in after jan 3rd.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Always, never fails.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Also around college tuition time. Unfortunately our invoices are usually at the bottom of the stack.
  8. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like the minute snow covers the grass, people forget about you including paying you. Only real problem is with commercial accounts. They have checks written laying in a pile and will pay you immediately if you walk in or call. Cash flow I guess.
  9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yep everyyear, I have a cauople thousand that's slow to come in after October, im slowly reeling it in now.:rolleyes:
  10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with above posts. I've always contended that many customers don't view payments as pay for services provided, but rather as a way to insure that I show up again next month. Sad, but true -- witness the slow end-of-season payments. In these parts, grass cutting in January is not needed.