1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Decent commercial mowers as far as brands?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ReidStylez, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ReidStylez

ReidStylez LawnSite Member

I'm looking to get a decent commercial mower. I don't mind spending a little more on reliability. I think I remember reading that 36" mowers can fit through standard gates for mowing the back yards so I'd like to stick to that size. Also walk behinds or standers.

Also, what's a decent brand trimmer and blower?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

Gear Drive or Hydro? Your looking at a ~$2000 difference in price.

3. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

an ideal wb would be an exmark hydro, whether it is the viking or tthp it will provide power for a sulky and reliability. these arent cheap though....could spend about 4500 to 5000. gear driven wise i would say bobcat classic pro. that will set you back about 3000. handheld wise i would say go with the redmax ebz 7100 or 8100 that will run you 500 for 7100 and close to 600 for 8100. trimmer and edger wise i would say go with redmax or stihl 2 strokes....never buy a stihl 4 stroke. they have too many moving parts i think.

4. ReidStylez

I'd say either one really. Probably more towards gear drive (cheaper).

5. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

36" Exmark metro is around $3000

6. ReidStylez

What about buying used? Anything I should stay away from? How many hours is too many?

7. ReidStylez

Another thing fixed deck and floating deck? I'm assuming floating deck you can you adjust cut height really easy?

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

go with wht ever local dealer you have!!!! dealer support is key is eve you have to drive a lil ways!