decent hill

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Nov 26, 2002.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

This one belongs to - ME!
    taken a year ago or so maybe....yes this tractor goes right up it no problem not even a hint of front end lift. It's heavy and very well balanced. I always mow it going downward on that steepest part but it slides. I just did this to show for pictures. Just digging through the archives and spotted this. This is when you appreciate pressure lubrication on your engine especially this 20hp twin Onan!

toroonhill_1.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I want to see someone put their Z on an incline like this. It is possible but you gotta be good with one. Any dumb@ss can put this garden tractor there. I know a w/b with sulky would probably wheelie right there. It's enough to make you feel like you'll launch on this tractor. I had a level on the camera by the way so you know this is pretty correct. Sorry I do not have a angle finder thingy.

toroonhill_3.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

last one

toroonhill_2.jpg

4. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

It is steep but id take my Z up that hill and not think twice.Going up hills dont scare me as bad as coming back down when you have no where to go..(ex the lake):eek:

5. this is one we mow not the steepest but bad enough . I just take it slow and hold the brake on the uphill side and hope the safety man doesn't come along.

dupont brushog.jpg

6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

lol....my walkers would love that little incline...up and down...side to side!!

and they ain't got fenders for yer butt to hang over on neither...lol

thanks, for the pic though!!

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm currently "staking out" my local Lowes Hardware store. They just built a new one this summer and holly cow did they leave some super steep banks around the place. I was by there today and noticed it was freshly mowed. Across the slope no less! I will try to remember to take the digital along and snap a shot of these high banks.

I mow some steep stuff and have only turned one account down because of steepness. But these banks i would NOT want to be on.

8. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I mow the lowes in my town and they have a big ditch with some nice steep banks, if you start to slip you only have one place to go and that is in the water. I know this from experience, mowed the bank one day when it was a little to wet and off I went, I hit a shallow part.:dizzy:

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Bushhogboy - Man, that ain't nothin! I'll have to snap some pics of what I take my JD855 with 5 ft brush mower on. 90% loaded rear tires help. The front end loader doesn't hurt either.

Don't think I'd want to be driving the tractor in the photo JBLawn posted. I'm guessing that's 25% or more.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Had to chime back in on this one. Don't be so cocky about pics of hills. There true steepness is rarely taken in on a camera. Most are steeper than they appear.

Here's one of my "run of the mill" hills.

My lawn tractor is good to me too:eek:

hill2.jpg