Decent Mower for 20-50 Lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 1, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, I cut 20 lawns a week, it takes me 8hrs to do them all. I am looking at buying a Gravley 34Z because I like how it is zero turn and fits through a standard 3 foot gate, EXECPT that it doesnt offer the Lawn Striping Kit.

Does anyone know of a ZeroTurn mower that fits through a standard gate, and offer a Striper Kit. Also, I would like it to be under 4k. Thank You!

2. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Dont waste your money on a 34Z, its way to much money for such a small cutting machine. Get a 36 inch wb.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

this week, cut 46 lawns, in 20.5 hrs, all with a 36" walkbehind. when i got done, i had to jog around the block 20 times just get tired enough to fall asleep.

4. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

48 inch wb doesnt cost a lot, if you can use it on your lawns buy that unstead of the 34Z

5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

8 hours to cut 20 YARDS? What ever you have must be the perfect set up. Don't change a thing

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

to be honest, the salesman tired selling me a 36" w/b Gravley, i dont remember the model number but i belive it was either 1600 or 2600, im going back tommarow so ill get more info on it.. the main reason i wanted a 34z instead of the w/b that he was trying to sell me was because i thought i could cut faster with the 34z sense i dont have to walk.

also, 8hrs for 20yards, yeah but then again 15 are relativly small yards. and reason i want to get something bigger and better then my small cub cadets is because 15k flyers go out on may 12th so i will prolly get a few more customers (hopefully 20more or so)

please leave some input, thanks

7. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

You don't have to walk with a walkbehind. Use a Velke. Also,pay the extra for the hydro. It will be money well spent.

8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

what is a Velke and what is the hydro?

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

also, whats the diff between a fixed or floating deck... sorry for all the questions, but ive used regular mowers all my life and if im about to drop a few grand on a w/b or zero turn, im gonna make sure i get something good, and that will last and that i will like. which im sure you all understand

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

the gentlemen at the shop is trying to sell me a Gravley Pro G 36" or PM 34Z, he reccommends the Pro G 36" more though, but he would sell me the 34z, please let me know if youve used these, and what features they have.... i am leaning towards the pro g 36 now.please let me know waht a Velke is and waht a Hydro is, and what the diff of a floating deck and fixed deck is thank ya