decent price for website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by joel29m, May 21, 2012.

1. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I am using godaddy for both, even though I don't really have much say if they are good or not. Right now I am happy with them. As far as help figuring out the site, go to this guys youtube videos, watch a few, and he will give you a good feel how to build a web page. I watched several of his couple hour long videos a few times each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP8WtOGicv0&list=UUvG9V9e1s2lN-hoWeHsDCJQ&index=1

2. Wiedmann

Wiedmann LawnSite Member

Checked your site out! looks like you have a good start on it and i like the look you're going after. It caught my attention. Might be one of the best self done websites i've seen on here. Keep working on it, seen you didn't have any "about us" and "photos' up yet.

My main add that I didn't see a lot of on the front page was keywords. stuff as many as you can into your descriptions. this is what google and other search engines pick up on. Many times you can do this as invisible or "hidden" but it never hurts to keep plugging them in where possible. Once again, nice site and hope it pays off for you. When I looked at it, I got the feeling I was looking at a professional lawn care company.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, Wiedmann, but this is the exact opposite of good advice.

4. Kylec3

Kylec3 LawnSite Member

I definitely appreciate the feedback! I still have some work to do to the site for sure. The 'about us' section should be up in the near future and I plan to start adding a bunch of photos come march when we start back up. I will probably add either a testimonial page or a rotating testimonial quote at the bottom of the page. Also want to put something on there about our customer referral program. I see exactly what you are saying about the keywords. I want to be able to add it so you dont see it on the page (meta tags i believe they are called) I have to learn a little bit more and see where I have to plug them in and what not. If you have any other tips let me know. Always looking to improve.

5. Wiedmann

Wiedmann LawnSite Member

I guess by putting tagline and loading my pages full of keywords didn't get me on first page of google in a large market.. my bad. must of been pure luck!

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I guess we also differ on what constitutes a "large market".

Here's the thing with your "stuffing" advice vs what you are doing in practice. You have a nice looking, well done site. Short of your hidden div text, which isn't so much stuffing as it is a regurgitation of the page content, I would wager you would likely rank well without the hidden div text. If the tactic catches up with you, you'll at least know why. If the process of getting a site ranking again, after Google pushes you in to rank purgatory, is something you're game for, I think you and your site's designer have a solid plan. I wouldn't personally recommend this strategy to people as I've been through the process of helping people climb back out of that pit. Blackhat techniques are an easy DIY effort. Regaining your losses is not.

7. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I use Webstarts. I think they are the best and easy to use and design.

8. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good advice. Can we see your website for an example? It sounds like you know what you're talking about.

9. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be the first to admit my website sucks, however it is not there right now for any reason other than being a site on my domain. (heck the whole thing never got published before my plans got switched around)

Until I'm cleared up on some projects that have my schedule 110% filled up, I'm not ready to spend finances on a rebranding of my site.

(plus there is the issue that I'm not a Sponsor here, and advertising my web development services is not allowed, and don't want to chance me posting a link being mistaken)

10. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yes, those pesky rules! LOL...I understand though.