Decide Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Markf, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my little dilema. I am looking to buy a Lazer Z. It will be a 60 inch cut. There is a deal for the Lazer Z AS for $7,200 23 HP. I already have one that was purchased in 2004. I found it to be ok even in tall wet grass. I sometimes wished it had more power. Or should I go with the new Lazer Z XS with the 31 Briggs and Stratton. Plenty of power and the full suspension seat. ($600). What do you think.
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

briggs commercial is a good motor. always take the horsepower or you'll always wish you did. :D
  3. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

I understand the Briggs isn't a very reliable engine. (never used one so i could be wrong)
  4. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

the 2005 as has the 25 kohler on the 60,and 23 on the 52.
  5. Summertime Lawn

Summertime Lawn LawnSite Member

I tried a 31hp last season and fell in love with it. It is faster than anything else I have driven and no amount of tall grass can slow it down. It increased my productivity by over 35%. I am buying one at the end of March. I am upgrading from a 26hp EFI.
  6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

You do realize the XS lists for 10600 and there are no left overs since it’s a brand new model. It’s a far better mower but you will pay for that extra power and speed. The AS uses the old style controls my guess was they had a bunch left over so they did not want them to go to waste. No other lazer has the controls in the front under your seat now. My 03 does but that was the last year for that.
  7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd get the 31 hp briggs. More hp is always good. Thats not even a briggs motor, it just has briggs wrote on it. If I am correct it is made by Diahatsu in japan.
  8. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

I called up Budget in Stratford. He said he can give it to me for $10,175 with tax.
  9. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

This is a left over from last years model of AS's.
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Well I was quoted 9600 for the 72-inch version of the XS but that’s fleet rate. As for Rich at budget he is close to me but I will never deal with that SOB again. I had to when I worked for my last job and I knew from day one I would be getting a new dealer which is what I did. One day I had a flat tire went to see Rich as he was near the cutting list I use to do when at my last job. He starts telling me 5 weeks for a velkey tire and it degrades from there to where he turns bright red has tears in his eye and screams just buy something I don't have time for Dan’s junk. Considering he had bought a lazer there in the past 12 months you would figure he would get a little more attention that that. No the service dept there is as bad as it gets there is no way that man gets a dime of my money. To date that’s cost him 45,000 from me and that will only go up with time, as that’s just the last 2 seasons.