Decided to go with the Redmax EBZ8001's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

As some of you knew, I wasn't even sure I was going to buy more stuff this year or not. And even if I did decide to, I was very torn about which way I wanted to go this time.

But anyways, to save myself some typing, here is what I posted in the other thread.

To sum up, I NEVER DREAMED I'd ever buy any RedMax blowers.
    These are just that much nicer in my opinion, which is saying a lot I think.

Like I said though, I'm just out of the starting gate right now though.
    So I'll try to update this as I go along.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them as best I can this early on.

2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

We have had a couple of issues with one of our 8k's (all fixed under warranty -frame and new short block), they certainly make quick work out of large estates and commercial complexes. On some properties where 2 guys would strap on 7k's, one guy with a 8k can inflict just as much damage - they really shine during this time of the year - especially on wet pavement.

One important factor is that my dealer and Redmax have always given me prompt and hassle free service when dealing with warranty issues.

My dealer has yet to stock any 8001's - so I'll have to wait a wee bit longer to compare.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Jameson,

I think you are going to want to cycle some stuff around and get all 8001's for the big work.

The reason I say that is, I didn't think much of the 7000/7001 when they came out. When the 8000's first came out I said no way NEVER. But when I forced myself to give the 2006 model RedMax blowers a fair shake this year, I liked them a bit better, but wasn't crazy over either.

So I was looking at those two instead of Echo and Stihl again and considering them sorta "by default" ya know? I didn't want to have too many 4-Mix Stihl engines just yet, and I didn't have the greatest confidence in the newer Echo's. And I had soooo much input about how much stronger the RedMax units were....

But when it came right down to how they felt... all other things aside, my opinion was that the Stihl BR600 was a better 20 lb class blower than the 7001, and likewise my opinion was the Echo PB-751 was a better lighter 25 lb class blower.

But after pulling some strings and getting an 8001 in my hands and on my back, NO QUESTION I LIKE THIS ONE THAT MUCH BETTER and for that I was willing to gamble on them.

4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I was all Echo for a long time. The PB 650 wasn't bad at all, but the Redmax 8001 makes my life easier.

My favorite blower is the 8001 for clean-ups.

However, for weekly maintenance my choice is Husqy 456 because it's lighter, quieter and more comfortable.

Just my useless 2 cents

5. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I have a Remax 5000 and I like it. It has enough power ofr most of my jobs. I just bought a new Tanaka 7800R and it is a BEAST>>> It has more power than I think could ask for. I don't know that I need any more that is for sure. For the dollars I think the Tanaka is a good value and it has a 2 year commercial warranty just like the Redmax does. Gotta love it.

6. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

i got an 8001 from ebay 489.00 shipped and to my house the next day. I love it, i cant compare it to the 8000 though because ive never tried one, but im thinking about ordering another 8001 this fall.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Redmax is king of BP blowers. period. I know how powerful 8000 is , but I am very satisfied with 7001, right on the dot for the money. excellent blower.

8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Well Thanks A LOT Envy.

Because of this thread I decided to buy an 8001 today because I realized how much it would blow (pun) if the 8000 I have craps out for whatever reason. Must have Noah's Ark. Two of everything for one guy. I can't imagine doing leaves with anything smaller now so I just ordered a new one. Oh well, tax write off! Good luck with your new toy!

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I want to see how the 8001 holds up, I just got a 7001 last week and Im very impressed with it. If the 8001 gets good reports I may have to try and get one before the husky deal goes through

wayne

10. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Envy,

How would you match the blowing power of the 8001 to the BR600. I have had the BR600 for over a year now and very happy with it. It was the first and only Backpack Blower I have ever used. Has a ton of power but with small parking lots and moving wet leaves how much more power would you say the 8001 has over the BR600. Looking to get another BP Blower next season and was going to get another stihl but now thinking of Redmax. Any info you could give me would be helpful. Thanks.