Decision is made

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfguy33, Feb 23, 2001.

1. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

As soon as the season is underway, and a little cash flow is
    coming in, I believe I'll buy a Dixie. The dealer that I have chatted with has gave me prices that is really comparable to the turftiger and the great dane chariot. As far as the appearance of the machine...I don't care. I get paid for mowing and doing a good job, not by the appearance of the machine. Overall, at least for wide open mowing, the dixie is going to be a good business purchase. Nothing against exmark, but I have ran a demo, and really didn't
    care for it, I guess its really just personal preferance.
    Thanks to everyone who replied to my message earlier, your info and wisdom will not be forgotten.
  2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

We went and looked at the dixies, and as much as I was striving to get one the dealers here were just pathetic. Almost offended me =(. The one didnt even seem to want to sell me one, neither had one to test drive it was sad =(. I really wish they would get a decent dealer network as I would still love to get one.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have been to 3 different Chopper dealers in 3 different states and they were all nice dealers. When you went shopping it was in the fall if I remember right and some dealers don't like to have a big stock of machines to carry though the winter months. I have been to other brand dealers that had some junky looking places, but this does not mean they don't know how to fix machines if they have problems. Lawn mower dealers are much different than a car dealer since car dealers have to have an impressive looking show room to impress the rich and many women buy cars now by themselves.

Back to lawnmowers, as this was pointed out in another post that you told this same story, there are bad dealers that sell all brands. It seems that bad news travels faster than good news, but I have been to several great dealers too. They are around. As Chris pointed out in another post, his DC dealer is 1.5 hours away, but the dealer will drive to where Chris is if needed. I just wish everyone had a great dealer like I have. He has a nice show room, he is very informative and he knows how to fix any problem. :)