Decision Time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packerbacker, Jun 9, 2004.

1. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually im not this cheap but with the price of gas i wanted to get some input.

Yesterday i had a customer approach me. He lives on a corner lot but but his property line is about 20 FT from the sidewalk. He asked me if i could cut some of the common ground because i do his house on Tue and the common ground is done on Fri and it looks funny.

The size of cutting would be about 20 ft wide by 100 long. In other words about an extra 5 mins of work for mowing and trimming.

Now i charge him $30.00 but he does want the extra part mowed. Would anyone else raise the price or just do it out the goodness of your heart:laugh:

I was going to take it up to $35.00

2. needa

needa LawnSite Member

You need to ask for extra $'s. He/she is asking you for additional work, you should recieve additional $'s for it. If you get greedy, you might lose the customer. Raising the price almost 20% doesn't seem reasonable to me.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

<b> Raising the price almost 20% doesn't seem reasonable to me.</b>

Yeah but its easy for me . All my yards go within 5 dollar incriments... 30,35,40..... and so on. So i either raise it 5 or dont raise it all.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I would add on some $$ for doing the extra if you really feel you need to.

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

if you like the guy, just do it.

if you think the guy is a cheapskate, charge him.

GEO :)

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd say $35. I'm also one that doesn't like doing things for $2, then you might as well do it for nothing, what's $2??

Might as well try to get lunch out of the deal.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

5 bucks for 5 minutes I say...