1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

decision to make

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Lawrence Anthony, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Lawrence Anthony

Lawrence Anthony LawnSite Member

I want to purchase a mini loader but i am undecided.I looked at the boxer,toro,dw,and mt52 online.other machines seem to perform better than the mt52 but the dealer is 5 min. from my house and all the others are 45 or 60 min.is that all that important?thanks for any help
  2. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

demo all the models you can and go from there. if machine width isn't that important bobcat does make a larger mini skid. i went with the toro dingo because of price and more rental stores have attachments to fit it. the dealer for the dingo is twice the distance away as the bobcat dealer from me. this hasn't been a problem yet as the machine has had no breakdowns so far. been very reliable.
    good luck,
  3. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Check out the Vermeer S600TX thread for more information on the mini skid loaders.
  4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

also, try to keep in mind the diffrence between "want a piece of equipment" and need a piece of equipment. there is a big diffrence.
    good luck

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

No question, hands down... the diesel boxer 530. I rent this one all the time and have demoed the bobcat and dingo. If nothing else, the boxer can pick up over 1k lbs. and if you push the full tip capacity, you have 2k lbs. I couldn't imagine having anything else. The best part is, it still fits through a 36" gate. I have put probally 100 hours on my rentals this season. It is a tuff ole boy.
  6. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

There is no absolute best mini skid - seems to me that more of us own Dingos but they all are good machines . For instance , the Boxer is ok , and the diesel is strong , but they bounce too much for me and I don't like the tracks or the controls , too many levers , etc. You should demo them all on a real job site and also consider dealer proximity for parts and service.