Decisions Decisions Can you guide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kklein, Feb 19, 2007.

1. kklein

kklein LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone,

Now in my fourth year of mowing, I have come to point where I have a number of commercial accounts, and at a crossroads in trying to decide just what brand of mower to buy.

Just through the process of elimination, I have pinned my needs down to the following Hustler, Skag, Ex-mark, Gravely, and of course we can't forget the household names of Snapper and Toro.
    It will definately be a 0-turn radius commercial mower with a 44-48" deck.

Personally, I don't think I would go wrong with any of these brands. The reliability is probably pretty good between them, so what it boils down to is the best finance plan, and if you can get a loaner if your machine breaks down.

Do any of you guys have any further information that could help me break down the pros and cons? Any advice?

Thanks!

Ken
    Have Mower Will Travel

Snapper Commercial Trim Mower Series 19
    Toro Recycler Self-Pace
    Shindaiwa T231 Trimmer
    Sears Craftsman 205mph Blower

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search in this forum and you'll find this topic has been discussed to death. The machines you're considering are all fine and every one of them has plenty of fans on lawnsite.

1: Demo each one if you're that concerned with getting the best for your buck.
    2: Ask around with others and see how they like them.
    3: Ask about the dealers who carry them. Dealer support is a huge factor to consider if you're using the product to make a living.

Me personally: I've had two SuperZ's and preparing to get another. I've run several other brands and the Hustler is my favorite. Plus, my dealer is the best people to deal with in the Raleigh area. They keep a huge parts inventory in stock and when I need help, I'm treated like their best customer. But, I'll bet others will be able to say the same thing about their machines and dealers as well.:)

I just saw you're from Kansas. If I remember correctly, Hustler's are made there.

3. kklein

kklein LawnSite Member

That's correct, they are made in Hessman, KS. For all the shopping around, I liked the hustlers best. But again, financing and customer support will no doubt drive this decision. Thanks!

:)