Decisions, Decisions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Idealtim, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Which one would you buy? A Cub Cadet rzt 50 with a 21 horse kohler[I think]. Or, a used lazer hp 48 with 18 horse kohler with 1000 hrs. on it. The cub costs 3k and the lazer $2500.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Depends on what I would be using it for.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I personally wouldn't buy either one. Don't like Cubs period, plus 21HP is not really enough for a 50" deck in real world commercial applications and I sure wouldn't buy anything that already has a 1,000 hours on it.

4. Idealtim

I only have a 5*8 trailer left open so the biggest mower I can get is a 52 to leave 4 inches clearance on either side if that. And I need something more than a 48 wb for next year for the extra accounts im getting.

5. olderthandirt

from here

commercial use I agree with Mike and would pass on both

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree with Mike, I wouldn't buy neither, but then again he and I ain't on a restricted budget. And when I say that I mean no offense, you're post suggests you are on a tight budget.

You could very well get another 1000 hours out of the LazerHP. We have run the Lazer Hp in the past, it is commerical mower, and cuts cool season grasses exceptionaly well, stripes without a roller excellently.Negative for the 48-inch is, lack of trim side,very little trim-side.

7. Idealtim

6'7'' 330, thats just the thing, I am on a budget and I really hate homeowner crap. I can't be caught mid year down to one machine waiting for parts for another.And as for lack of trim side, thats no biggy, im used to it. And all the other things are positive so I will be perfectly happy with the lazer. I doubt that the cub would last 1000hrs. and if the hp does, i'll be happy.

8. olderthandirt

from here

I can almost guarentee that the cub will never see 1000 hrs of commercial cutting with out a lot of down time for repairs

9. Idealtim

Don't tell that to stuffdeer. I see he just bought one. looks like im going with the hp. and remember, ill be the only one mowing with it, not someone that doesn't care for 8 hours a day.