Decisions Tiger vs. Lazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill Boroskey, May 12, 2003.

1. Bill Boroskey

Bill Boroskey LawnSite Member
    from CT.

Hi Everyone

Please go easy on me as this is my first post here.

Anyway I am looking to buy a rider in the next week or so. However I am having a tough time deciding between the 61" Tiger liquid cooled and the 60" LazerZ liquid cooled. I am going to put the large collection system on and will also get a mulching kit for the one I choose.

What I am looking for Is someone who has had or used both of these machines. I am NOT looking to start a brand name war. I just want to hear the likes and dislikes of those who have owned these machines. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Which machine Mulches better an why?
    2. Which machine turns easier with out leaving swirl marks?
    3. Which machines bagging system is better? The Scag seems to stick off the side of the deck less.
    4. which is more user friendly?

There are thing that I like about both machines and If I could combine all the features that I like on each of the machines into on I would be all set.

Any info would be great

Bill Boroskey

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

1. Which machine Mulches better an why?
    I own an Exmark. It mulches great. I have not ever seen a Scag mulch so I can only tell you how wonderful my Exmark does. The baffles, deck and blade design on the Exmark lift the grass to cut it and recycle it at great volumns. Meaning less double cutting even when the grass is a little bit high. And if you do have to double cut you wont find any clippings after the second pass.

2. Which machine turns easier with out leaving swirl marks?
    Either.

3. Which machines bagging system is better?
    Again I have the Ultra Vac for my Exmark and it really does a great job. The bags pack extremely full and the vac system really does a great job at cleaning everything off the turf.

4. which is more user friendly?
    Either.