1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

deck adjustment-mulching kit

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by creek chub, May 10, 2004.

1. creek chub

creek chub LawnSite Member

I just bought a 36" metro this weekend. It's a solid machine that performs well even with a rookie driving, me. What is the best way to adjust the deck height? I looked at the owner's manual and honestly I'm a little confused. Mostly, the part that has me stumped is the front deck adjustment. The manual describes spacers above the ( I can't remember the term). But the picture doesn't illustrate this. Or it could be I don't intepret it correctly.

Also, my dealer is trying to push gator blades on me because I want to mulch. Will this suffice for mulching? I want to do it right. Can you help me out?

Thanks-Creek Chub
  2. creek chub

It would be nice to get a response from the manufacturer.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sorry for the delay in our response.

First thing would be to understand there are 3 adjustment locations. One is the front caster adjustment. By removing spacers and relocating them above the caster mounting arm or below the caster mounting arm you can raise or lower the front of the deck in relation to the ground.

The second are of adjustment is the blade spacers. The blade spacers can be mounted top side of the mower deck or bottom side below the spindle. By adding or removing spacers below the spindle you can raise or lower the blade with in the mower deck. When doing so you not only change the height of the blade from the ground but you also change the amount of space between the blade and the roof of the deck. For the best cut quality you will want to leave a minimum of 2 spacers below the spindle.

The last adjustment and least common used is the rear axle adjustment. My mower is around 12 or 13 years old and the rear axle has only been adjusted once. By raising or lowering the rear axle you raise or lower the rear of the mower deck in relation to the ground. The adjustments on the Metro can be a little difficult to understand and even mower difficult to explain in an e-mail. If you would like please feel free to call us at 1-800-667-5296.

4. creek chub

thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creek Chub