Deck Alignment on Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhenegar, Jun 3, 2001.

1. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I have noticed that my deck looks a little low on the left side. It is sometimes cutting a little line on the left side of my stripes. I have got the tire pressure right all the way around so I know its not that. Has anyone ever adjusted the decks on these mowers and if so could you tell me the best way. Thanks!

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The best way I would recommend for doing this is to take it to your dealer!! I wouldn't mess with that.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The bolts on the ends of your lift chains are adjustable on slotted holes. Set the deck up on bricks or 2x4's and adjust all chains up tight. This isn't rocket science, just trial and error. You cant ruin or damage anything by adjusting lift chains. Now if its hydro motors and pumps......then its off to the dealer!

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There is an area in your manual that explains how to do this, section 5.2.2 Deck leveling, and there IS a little more to it than just setting the deck up on bricks, as you DO want your cutting height to be relatively accurate. Also, it is IMPERATIVE that you mower is sitting on completely flat level ground. You also must check your length of your rod swivel assemblies. The distance from the outside of the rear swivel to the outside of the front swivel should be about 20 1/4 inches on each side. Adjust the length by turning nuts on either side of swivels.

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Agreed, it can't be that complicated. Some dealers know exactly what they are doing. Some dealers don't! Trust yourself.