Deck and pool demolition question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by alldayrj, Sep 18, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

WAGS and SWAGS are often the only way. Rolling the dice on this one lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

pics would help. I have demoed a similar pool.. As a chipper operator, if I rented it and saw evidence of lumber or nails going through it, I would charge for new blades. with that said, the nails won't hurt much but you could have hot metal bits ejected. Not my first choice in residential area. If you go that route, have a safe discharge area and plenty of eye protection.

The pool itself will fold up neatly with about an hour of using a drill to back the screws out. The liner doesn't take up much space. Possibly recycle metal (won't be too much) or save it for another run to recycle center later. If you want to do it all in a container, you could chip into the container but that wouldnt be my first choice with the labor and little nail pieces being spit out the end or thrown back out the feed table area.

Good luck

3. alldayrj

feel free to compliment my amateur address editing lol
    [​IMG]

the pool is oval, has a rectangle cover. deck goes to the bushes, then theres an open area. you can see the wacky handycap ramp that wraps from the bottom to the side and all the way to the top deck that is coming down. I would hate to be the old dude who loses it on that ramp and speeds straight into the bottom.

4. alldayrj

you cna also see pretty good access from the driveway