Deck blding - need estimate!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by meets1, Jul 19, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Landscaping small yard but the owner wants a deck built on the front of the house. Looking at basic 10 x 18 deck. Wants to use materials other than treated wood. I think the material is call Trec decking, something like that. Maybe one step, nothing to go around but I need to know how to price? Sq ft, hourly, material + %??

2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I do decks at around $12-$15 sq.foot with a "basic" railing system, this is with P.T. wood. That deck she wants is called TRex decking and man is that very costly. I think the last one I did was (at cost to buy it) $2-$3 a foot. P.T. is $7 bucks for an 8footer. Up here in N.H. Plus you need some special screws for the Trex. Nice stuff never have to paint and never will rot.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I did one and I added $1 per ft labor and then the difference in the cost of the composite vs the wood. The buck a foot paid for the special clips I used so you dont see any screws. Came out great but I think it came out to about 25 a sq ft due to the upgrades they picked such as lighting. I will look for pics and the pricing.