Deck chains loose

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by chariot, Jul 20, 2004.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed today that the deck chains on the front left of my Z are loose, it is not loose on the ends but has slack in it. What has caused this? What can fix this? Should I start from scratch going through the deck leveling procedure? The mower appears to still be mowing level. Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Chariot,

It could be something as simple as the deck struts binding or it could be something more in depth. If it was my machine I'd take it to the dealer and have it looked at before trying to re-level. Something has caused it and it's probably something minor but if you make too many changes it may make it more difficult to diagnose.

Thanks

Terry

3. chariot

Thanks for the response. I have not even taken time to look and see if it is anything obvious yet. Hope it is something simple. Thanks again, as always.

4. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

I lost the whiznut on the same side of the unit on my Lazer Z HP just this week after 560 hrs. I haven't been able to get the chain hooked up just yet. It's due for hydro service and I'll have the guys at the shop take care of it for me.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If you use the deck to get on and off the machine stop!! You could have bent the deck carrier brackets or bracket
    John

6. chariot

I do not, and have not used the deck as a step. Thanks