Deck cleaning on the commercial zero turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigsnowdog, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bigsnowdog

bigsnowdog LawnSite Member

How are you cleaning the underside of your decks? I have a jib crane I use for raising the front to change blades and clean the deck.

Are you cleaning your decks? Are you finding you need to much more frequently if you are mowing wet? Do you spray the deck surface with anything after cleaning?

I consider making some stands so I can raise the entire machine to a better working height. Anyone doing that?
  2. biggziff

biggziff LawnSite Member

I use a floor jack and wooden door shims to clean the underside. Wood won't scratch paint and allow moisture to get up under the paint.
  3. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I use an engine hoist to lift the front up, then scrape the deck with a fein multimaster with the scraper attachment.
  4. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i park it on ramps that i put off the tailgate of my truck and then scape with a painters metal scrapper and next time i am spraying it with fluid film because i heard it works good
  5. chuckhopkins76

chuckhopkins76 LawnSite Member

I lift mine with a 1 ton hoist mounted to a beam in my shop ceiling and I use a 3" metal putty knife for scraping the deck.
  6. bigjoedo

bigjoedo LawnSite Member

I use a Mower jack that works well. Made by Ohio Steel. Available at, Costco and other places about $160
  7. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

fire up the blades and stick the hose under the deck. takes 2 people and 5 or 10 minutes