Deck Clogging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mowin4Dollas, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

This is a random thought, but what about the truck bed liner stuff? Not the non slip, but more like the rhino liner?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

There have been a lot of threads on this subject here, and some of the guys who posted in them have tried this idea along with about every conceivable idea you can imagine. It's like a sand blaster under a deck even in thick lush grass, not to mention the grass itself acts like a scouring pad, and nothing lasts for long under there. One of the guys who tried the lining stuff said (IIRC) he either did it twice a year, or at the start of every season and it was expensive, and the wet grass still stuck to it.

3. 9ball1018

9ball1018 LawnSite Member

I've thought about this to but just seems a waste of time and money. I don't think it would last even a couple of weeks.

4. CurbAppealKS

I've seen the ones about fluid film and all that jazz. Just haven't caught one regarding the actual liners.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

It was at least a couple years back. One of them may have been one that got deleted a while back for some reason. Probably two of the guys couldn't get along/agree on this subject and things got nasty or something.

6. CurbAppealKS

Typical lol

7. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

I may just camo wrap mine that way you can't see it. lol

8. CurbAppealKS

Honestly, it would be sick to polish it to a high shine and see how it performed. I know you would have to keep it polished, but can you imagine how slick that would throw grass?

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Some sort of polished industrial hard chrome like they use on firearms might work, but that would still get the sand blast treatment over a fairly short time.

10. Mowin4Dollas

Mowin4Dollas LawnSite Member

You would think with Rotary mowers reaching the 100 years of being in production we would have this problem fixed! Haha! All these seem like great ideas!