Deck cut out, Thank You!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by lampeslawnservice, Sep 19, 2005.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to thank the hustler team for keeping on top of new and innovating ideas. I received the deck cut out instructions at the beggining of the summer and did not do it for fear of losing my striping capabilities. I stand to say that after cutting the opening at the begining of the week my stripe actually improved and speed of cut increased dramatically. Please keep up the good work. And any thoughts of offering "employee discounts" on your mowers like the car dealer guys have done this year? Also, wish you guys would send via mail pamphlets keeping us up to speed on new equipment, kinda like car dealers do. Just some thoughts.
    Thanks again, and keep up the great work. Jason

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Glad we could help.
    I will pass your suggestions along to the people that need to read them.

Pj

3. Downunder Bob

Downunder Bob LawnSite Member

Is there a cut out template available for an 04 52 mini-z?. I would like to try it if there is.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me.

5. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

What are you talking about here, a deck modification, if so, what models is it recommended for? What is it supposed to accomplish?

6. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

The chute opening was enlarged to improve clipping dispersal. And it does just that. It allows your blade tip speed up so you can keep your ground speed up. NO CLUMPING! And I mow a farmers "pasture" every two weeks wide open. Used to take 2 hours, now 50 minutes.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you like, you can open up the discharge opening, it will help disperse clippings.
    Just about all of our Z decks can have this done.

Pj

8. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

my fastrak sucks at cutting grass with the right hand blade and i have the humbolt bagger, and that also clogs easy.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are pulleys you can install that will help this.
    Call your dealer, they can help you out.

Pj

10. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I assume that this is something that should be done by the dealer?

If so, about how much should it cost?

Also, my 60", 25 hp Kaw super Z is not giving a good cut on the right side, is there a pulley that could help that problem?

I am not using any kind of bagging system.

Thanks for your assistance